Skip to content





| Commercial Pilot License

This is the licence you need if you want to earn money as a pilot. Our instructor team is here to help you which career path to choose: Whilst some wish to become an airline pilot there are plenty of other opportunities such as industrial and agricultural operations or becoming a flight instructor! Once you have accumulated enough hours and honed your pilot skills you might even join Rescue Operations. 

Learn2fly offers training under part 141 so you will achieve 100 hours instruction and 100 hours of pilot in command time.  We aim to produce job ready pilots so depending on your planned career path, we will customise your training towards that area.  We are experienced charter operators so we know what your chief pilot is looking for in your logbook and CV.  We don’t aim to give you the cheapest license, our goal is to help you get a job.  We will work with you to maximise the value of your training hours including your PIC time to ensure you are job ready.

Our commitment to you?

  • Full-time availability 
  • Highly skilled instructors with up to 2,000 hours on all our aircraft models. Because safety ALWAYS comes first!
  • Non-crowded airspace. No waiting times before take-off – meaning you get your actual flight time in the air!
  • No hidden fees! Our packages are designed to get you straight to your desired pilot license.

What you need?

  • You must hold a PPL before you can commence CPL training
  • Be 18 years or older to receive your CPL
  • Must be fluent in English

 Are there any medical requirements?

  • Class 1 Medical Examination issued by a DAME (Designated Aviation Medial Practitioner)

What’s involved?

You will complete our RPC program, Navigation endorsement, Controlled Airspace and MPPC endorsement then build your command hours.  We will complete your retractable undercarriage endorsement along the way plus any other skills you need for your desired first job.  We will guide you through the process every step of the way.  Your success is our success.

You will need a total of 100 hours as Pilot In Command to get your CPL but you can include any solo hours flown when you first started your circuit training!

Learn2Fly’s  CPL course aims to let you conduct additional qualification courses to increase your chances of getting hired by a potential employer. We will work with you to help you decide what those are then deliver them.  Remember, job ready is our focus!! You wont be getting into an airliner as your first job so let us give you the skills you really need in that all important first step of your career.


You will also need to pass 7 CPL exams before you can get your CPL licence issued – you can build your flying hours simultaneously though, don’t worry.

These are the subjects needed for your CPL-Theory:

  • CPL Navigation (CNAV)
  • CPL Meteorology (CMET)
  • CPL Human Factors (CHUF)
  • CPL Air Law (CLWA)
  • CPL Aerodynamics (CADA)
  • CPL Aircraft General Knowledge (CSYA)
  • CPL Operation, Performance & Flight Planning (CFPA)

The pass mark for each subject is 70% (except Air Law which requires you to pass with 80%). From the date of your first exam you have 2 years to finish all subjects.

These theory subjects are not offered in the classroom by Learn2fly however we can assist with tutorials and ofcourse when we are on the ground we are happy to help.  We will ensure that you keep working on these though, they are important and are best done as early as possible in your flying program so you can benefit from that knowledge along the way.

Once you have your full Commercial Pilot Licence you will have accumulated over 200 hours and be ready for your first job.  That’s 50 more hours than some of the other new CPL holders competing for first jobs so your investment in your self is well worth it!!

During your course you can also get additional qualifications, for example your Instrument and Multi-Engine Rating.


There are a lot of endorsements which you can add onto your RPL, PPL or CPL – this depends entirely on your choice and intentions.

Learn2Fly offers instructor rating (RAAus Only), Instrument Rating, VFR Night Rating or Multi Engine Rating just to name a few.

Talk to one of our experienced instructors to discuss which of these complement your chosen career path. There are a lot of endorsements and ratings available as you can see in the list below:

  • Night VFR Rating
  • Multi-Engine Rating
  • Instrument Rating
  • Flight Instructor Rating
  • Navigation endorsement
  • Passenger endorsement
  • Controlled airspace endorsement
  • Radio endorsement
  • Tailwheel endorsement
  • Formation flying endorsement
  • Retractable endorsement
  • CSU endorsement
  • Low level endorsement
  • Aerobatic endorsement
  • Float endorsement

Frequently asked questions:

Is there a VET loan available?

Yes, but not with us just yet.  We are working towards offering this program but are unable to do so at this time.

Will I need a Uni degree to become an airline pilot?

You do not need a Uni degree to become an airline pilot in Australia and many other countries

in the world.

To work for QANTAS for example you just need your HSC as an academic requirement.

Contact us today to discuss your career path!